Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Drawing from Creation

                                                                                                                                                    Photos:  Margaret Braun
This has nothing to do with art and yet it has everything to do with it.

Yesterday, in Edmonton, the thermometer rose to a glorious 27C (86F to my American friends).  After eight hours of working inside, I could hardly wait to experience the outdoors.  I went to my favourite park which my grandson has renamed "Hula Park".  People were running, strolling, feeding geese, photographing, writing, and cycling.

The evening sky rolled in dark charcoal clouds with burnt incisions of fiery fuchsia embers poking through from the sunset.  The pond rippled in colours of metallic copper and deep violets.  Throughout, the brilliant autumn leaves glowed in the landscape.

How does one replicate creation?

No comments:

Post a Comment