|Figure sewn on canvas Artwork and Photo: Margaret Braun $235|
- With each model, I find myself asking, "What really characterizes the person?"
- Even though you may be a little anxious about your drawing, remember to breathe.
- Because I love hands, I will always include them. They say so much about a person. So do the eyes.
- If you are having trouble with something, focus on that. For example, I had trouble drawing feet so I drew them over and over again -- for months. Keep at it!
- Don't forget to breathe!
- Look at the drawing of the masters. Ask other artists that you are drawing with for their advice.
- Are you breathing?
- If you aren't getting the results you want try something new. Draw with other mediums. I encourage my fellow artists to draw with their left hand.
- Don't take yourself or your work too seriously! Have fun!
Remember: If you are in Edmonton, join us at Harcourt House Art Centre on Wednesday, 28 September 2011. I will be facilitating the drawing session. Would love to meet you!
Would you like to add your "Top Tips" to the list?